TRAVEL: 3 Reasons Why Hotel on The Park, Genting Highlands is Your Next Staycation Spot?

October 13, 2017

quad-room-girl-posing

While taking days or weeks off seems to be pretty tough for urban citizens nowadays, weekend getaway seems to be one of the options and it is getting really popular.

Genting Highlands is one of the most popular spot for Malaysian to indulge in a short getaway. Why?


  1. Short drive distance from KL City Centre
  2. Cold weather, especially when the weather in KL is so hot
  3. Full of entertainment 24/7


Hotel On The Park Overview

A newly added name to the vicinity of Genting Highlands, formerly known as Theme Park Hotel, suitable for a comfortable stay for small family.

entrance-neon-light
The entrance is definitely a statement, fun, colorful and hipster.

check-in-counter-lobby
Even the check-in counter at the lobby is a piece of art.

There are 2 types of bedroom available, Quads and Sixers, both able to accommodate up to maximum 4 or 6 persons respectively.

With only 271 rooms in total, Hotel On The Park is definitely more quiet and less crowded compared to First World Hotel.

Where to Park Your Vehicle?

There are no parking spaces available in the building itself, I parked my car at Resort Hotel just across the road, which is the nearest one.

Parking was free of charged during my visit 2 weeks back, I heard parking charges will be imposed from October onward, but parking is FREE for selected Genting Reward Card members.

Checking-in

access-card-lift-room-number
Security definitely enhanced, guests need to flash their card in the lift and only allowed to go to the designated floor.
Another fun fact, room number is written on the floor of each room, so you definitely won't miss it even you are on your phone. 😜

My Quad Room

Here comes my room!!

quad-room-for-four
I am in love with the raised floor below the bedding, it gave me the feeling of sleeping on tatami, and I can throw everything on the floor. LOL

Everything in the room is so funky, space saving and smartly designed.

quad-room-for-four
The room was compact, but fret not, you can store your baggage underneath the bedding. Smart right?

safe-box-hide-under
Safe box is also provided, it is underneath the bedding too!

bed-side-switch
All electrical switch next to the bed, now I can scroll on my phone even it is charging and I can go to sleep in my warm bed without having to put my feet on the cold floor, and walk over to the door to switch off the light.

mini-bar-fridge
A basic mini bar is available too, you can chill your drink or help yourself with some coffee and tea pack provided by the hotel.

interesting-phone-dial
The modern yet vintage phone. Love!

indoor-slippers
Since Quad Room is for 4 persons, so 4 indoor slippers are provided. I never seen indoor slippers for kids before, how thoughtful is this huh?

Shower Area

Shower room and toilet was separated, so need not to worry about the waiting time to use the washroom.

hair-dryer-toiletries
Built-in hair dryer and other basic toiletries also provided. I like all the small details and courtesy from hotels.

purple-shower-head
I have no idea why I wanna emphasis on this, but don't you think the shower head is very high tech?

View

view-cable-car-sunset
The evening view is definitely better on my side. You want to know how it feels to be above the cloud? Stay here and you will know.

talking-garden-maze
I can even see Talking Garden right below my room. I wish my stay was longer so I can spend some time linger around the garden.

morning-view-cable-car
This is the view I woke up to, not cloudy at all and clear blue sky.

klcc-view-from-genting
I can even see KLCC when I zoom in. (psst, this is merely taken from my phone!)

That is it! This is how I spent my eventful and fun-filled weekend in Genting Highlands.

Let me know how you think about this hotel if you stayed here before?





Connect with Hotel on The Park


Tel: +603 2718 1118 




💫 Follow my social media for more live updates ✨


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I don't even need 3 reasons. your first reason, short drive from KL, is good enough! haha :)
    when bringing me la

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this will be on our list when we visit KL again. Really comprehensive review. Will they be good for family with kids?

    ReplyDelete

SA