EAT: Modern Retro Malaya in The KL Journal

October 17, 2017

hotel-main-entrance


I noticed this building with a striking signboard with the word The KL Journal facing the main road whenever I drive onto Jalan Sultan Ismail for a while now, I always wonder what is that?

Always wanted to check them out but never had a chance until recently when I dine in one of their restaurant - The Terrace Bar & Grill.

The Kuala Lumpur Journal

We were lucky enough to be shown around in the hotel room being just a diner that night.

swimming-pool-night
The rooftop infinity pool already looking so good at night, I bet it look even better by day.

vertical-landscape-wall
Huge vertical landscape wall behind the infinity pool, I want to drop by for some Instagram shots.

kl-city-night-view-street-light
Surprisingly, the hustle bustle KL City Centre on this secluded side is very quiet at night.

hotel-corridor-decoration
Every floor has its own unique decoration, it can be funky traffic light or an old Malaya stamp.

hotel-corridor
The corridor is so peaceful at night, with only as low as 112 rooms, privacy and quietness is guaranteed.

Sneak Peak of The Room

deluxe-room-double-bed

suites-corner-room-double-bed
Each room actually decorated with different photos of Kuala Lumpur, taken by different photographer. I was told that guests can even purchase the post card of the photo if they really like it.

hotel-door-hanger
Some other only-Malaysian-understand-culture elements on the room like this door hanger.

The Terrace Bar & Grill

workers-union-book-wall-deco
A wall of books greeted me the moment I step out from the lift at Level 1.

terrace-bar-and-grill-band
Nice open-air bar to chill out, especially beautiful with the sparkly lights.

Food & Beverage

fish-head-curry-pot
So I had the honor to sample something out of their menu - Curry Fish Head, RM50
I highly recommend this to everyone! The portion is good for 4 - 6 people, nice mix of herbs but not just spiciness in this pot.

Tips: If you want to try this out, you have to ring them first and make reservation, I was told that everything in this pot made from scratch, even the curry are all cook upon order.

achaar-rice-raisin
Everything else can be refill - fragrant rice, achaar (South Asian pickles) and papadum.

rice-fish-curry-pickles
See how big is the fish? Definitely more than enough to fill everyone's tummy.

Lacking of something?

A good drink to end the meal of course.

curry-leaf-cocktail
I don't know how to call this cocktail, the humorous bartender kindly curated this for me because I asked for something not in the menu, and something that somehow-represent my personality, and he got me this exotic cocktail with curry leaf as one of the main ingredients.

Wait, what does it implement? LOL

To be honest, I don't like the drink at first, the taste was too strong, and it's usually not my kind of cocktail. However, the more I drink it, I got addicted to it and eventually fell in love with it.
Just amazing how he capture my personality, because I know myself well, I'm usually not the girl with most pleasant personality in the room.

Did I Mentioned Free Cocktail for Ladies?

Complimentary cocktail for ladies on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, from 5pm - 10pm.
Live Performance is a must to go with your cocktail.

Tuesday: Blue Note Music
Thursday: Open Mic Malaysia
Saturday: Acoustic Guitar & Saxophone






The Terrace Bar & Grill, The KL Journal
No. 30, Jalan Beremi,
Off Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Operating Hours:
Daily: 12:00 noon - 12:00 midnight

Tel: 03-2110 2211


** Special thanks to Racheal Loh from Foodilifecious and AJ for hosting us for a modern retro night out at The KL Journal.



💫 Follow my social media for more live updates ✨


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This place looks nice. Hehe, may consider this place as a staycation in the city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling sold seeing the foods, the cozy ambiance and the infinity pool! I bet it would be awesome to stay in the pool during daytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kl Journal is such a nice place to hang out and chill! I never visit the place yet, thanks for the introduce will make visit to there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing and so near Lot 10 too! very accessible location

    ReplyDelete

SA